I am a big fan of working smarter not harder and over the years I have really simplified and systematized how I approach content management.
Today I am taking you behind the scenes of my content approach. Maybe you do something similar?
If not, I highly recommend it for greater consistency and giving you back time in your week every week.
I produce 2 major pieces of content per week:
- Lean Out Your Business Podcast episode
- What I call my Point of View (POV) content
Each piece of content is promoted in different but complimentary ways across the various channels I leverage, such as email, my blog, and social media.
If we look at my Lean Out Your Business Podcast episode as an example:
- Each new podcast episode gets published on the various podcast platforms
- My team creates an SEO-rich blog post from the episode that includes quotes and graphics
- We share the quotes and graphics on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- I share about the episode in a weekly newsletter and on social media
- I do a deeper training on the topic and answer questions live inside my weekly Lean Coffee
I follow this same approach for my POV content, which is what this blog post is.
Each 1 core piece of content gets repurposed and shared in over a dozen ways.
The bulk of the effort goes into creating the core piece of content, the rest is fairly easy and my team and I are always experimenting with new ways to get better reach and results from the content we create.
I also mix in some personal updates and insights, and give a glance behind-the-scenes of Lean Out Method on social media.
While I don’t follow this 100% of the time, I do 80%+ of the time which is always my goal with any system I put in place.
If this seems like a lot to you, start with 1 major piece of content each week. I did 1 major piece of content per week for years before I added a second when I launched my podcast.
Pro tip: Play to your strengths!
- If you love to write, start with a blog post
- If you prefer to talk, do a video or audio recording, or go live on social media
Then create your other content from that 1 piece of core content.
Whatever you choose, go with something you can do consistently 80%+ of the time.
One more thing you can do to keep things simple and engaging is to incorporate days to celebrate, and there are plenty of them throughout the year.
How do you keep your content management simple and streamlined?
We help established entrepreneurs, coaches, consultants, and thought leaders to simplify growing and scaling their online business so they can achieve their big bold goals without overwork or overwhelm.
When you are ready to get back 10+ hours per week and plan for your next level of business growth, here are 3 ways we can help:
- The 90-Day Lean Out Planner helps you to eliminate overwork, overwhelm, and confusion, and gain clarity and confidence that you are working on the right things right now to achieve your vision and goals.
- The 1-Day Business Intensive is a combined strategy, planning, and execution session where we dive deep into your biggest business opportunity right now - whether it's planning your exit strategy, reimagining your business model, or launching something new. You + me for a full day focused ON your business.
- Our 6-Month Simplify to Scale mentorship program helps you to consistently achieve your goals, get back 10+ hours of time per week, increase profitability and impact, and build / grow your team so you can do more of the work you love.
📱 Schedule a complimentary strategy call to discuss your next big bold business moves and how we can best support you.
by Crista Grasso
Known as the "Business Optimizer", Crista has the ability to quickly cut through the noise and focus on optimizing the core things that will make the biggest impact RIGHT NOW to grow and scale your business. As a lean business consultant, she specializes in helping businesses gain clarity and focus through strategy, planning, and lean practices. She is the creator of the Lean Out Method and the 90-Day Lean Out Planner, and is also the founder of the global accessories brand Criscara Jewelry.