.E31 Make Imposter Syndrome Your Super Power with Jen Coken
Have you ever struggled with imposter syndrome? Most of us have. I know I have (if you listen to Episode 31 you’ll hear a little more about that). Maybe you have struggled with imposter syndrome and didn’t even realize that’s what you were struggling with.
Jen Coken is an imposter syndrome expert who works with women in power positions who don’t feel so powerful anymore, more specifically she works with women to turn their imposter syndrome into their superpower, helping them shatter self-doubt, so they can embrace their genius and learn to love themselves.
In our interview, Jen shares the five different ways imposter syndrome shows up in our lives including:
- The Perfectionist – if you often find yourself stressed, have a difficult time delegating, or if you set incredibly high standards for yourself or others this might be you
- The Natural Genius – things come naturally to you which is a good thing, but when you don’t see a clear path you won’t make a move, or you might quit if it doesn’t come easy
- The Individualist/Soloist – you have no problem offering to help someone but you hate asking for help, you don’t want to appear weak
- The Expert – you research and research and research but never act
- Superman/Superwoman – you get your own self-worth by the number of hours you put in
If you read the above and resonated with more than one, or even all of the above, that’s normal. It’s not uncommon to find parts of ourselves in all five types of imposter syndrome.
The good news is that Jen’s unique approach to battling imposter syndrome actually works. Unlike the advice you might receive in a quick Google search, Jen’s techniques actually work in alignment with your brain’s hardwiring. Since we can’t manage our mind, we embrace and leverage both our light side and our shadow side, so we can step fully into who we were meant to be as people and as entrepreneurs.
If you want to identify the limits of your leadership and see which areas of imposter syndrome are most blocking your success take Jen’s quiz at www.magpaiassessments.com/3256/0
In this episode, we dive into:
- Jen’s unique approach to battling imposter syndrome and the science behind it
- How you can identify the source of your imposter syndrome (there’s always a source)
- The five types of imposter syndrome
- Why we weren’t born with the symptoms of imposter syndrome and why that’s a good thing
- Why making imposter syndrome your superpower is the key to real results
Connect with Jen:
ABOUT THE SHOW
The Lean Out Your Business Podcast is a show dedicated to helping entrepreneurs accelerate business growth and simplify success.
Hosted by Crista Grasso who has been helping businesses for more than 2 decades to lean out by optimizing what's working and eliminating anything not adding value.
If you are ready for more time back in your day and more profit in your business, while doing business differently and growing and scaling on YOUR terms, tune in to the podcast.
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUR FAVORITE PLATFORM
UNCOVER HIDDEN TIME AND PROFIT IN YOUR BUSINESS
Download our proprietary waste guide to uncover where you could be getting time back in your week and increasing your profit margin
If you have ever found yourself wishing there were more hours in the day or more profit in your business, the reality is that there is hidden time and money in your business.
After spending more than 20 years working with businesses to uncover hidden time and profit as they scale, I've identified 10 of the top areas coaching, consulting, and service-based businesses leave massive amounts of time and money on the table. Download the free guide to determine where you have hidden time and money in your business.