It's the final month of Q3 which means it's time to create / validate your September plan and check in on how you are progressing towards your 90 day goals.
Being that the holidays are right around the corner, it's also time to be looking ahead through the end of the year and gaining clarity on holiday promotions and your remaining launches for the year.
As you are planning a new month, you always want to be reflecting on how well the last month went, so let's take a look at August.
You'll find the following questions inside your Lean Out Planner.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What's working well so far? What are you most proud of and grateful for?
- What's not going as well as expected? What can you do different?
- Are you on track to reach your overall goal for this 90 days?
- Are you on track to reach your 90-day sales target?
- Are you on track to reach your 90-day growth targets?
- Is anything getting in the way of your success right now? What can you do about it this month to clear the roadblocks?
- Are you successfully avoiding overwork and overwhelm?
- What changes will you make for the next 30 days to optimize results? - i.e. kaizen
With this reflection and input, revisit your September plan and make adjustments as needed.
- What is the most important goal that you are focused on this month that will help you reach your goal for the 90 days?
- What are the major projects and marketing campaigns that will help you achieve your goal?
- What critical events and commitments do you have this month?
- What will make this month feel like a success?
Using your monthly plan as input, create your plan for the coming week.
Pro Planning Tips:
- Be sure your month goals align to your 90-day goals, and that your 90-day goals align to your long-term and short-term vision.
- Have a high-level roadmap that is longer than 90 days. I recommend 6 months as a minimum. You always want to know the big things that are coming next so the things you are focused on now are directionally correct and setting you up for long-term success.
Have questions or want help?
Join me for Lean Coffee every Thursday over in the private Facebook Group where we be do our month end review and planning together live at the start of a new month.
by Crista Grasso
Crista Grasso is the go-to strategic planning expert for leading global businesses and online entrepreneurs when they want to scale. Known as the "Business Optimizer", Crista has the ability to quickly cut through noise and focus on optimizing the core things that will make the biggest impact to scale a business simply and sustainably. She specializes in helping businesses gain clarity on the most important things that will drive maximum value for their clients and maximum profits for their business. She is the creator of the Lean Out Method, 90 Day Lean Out Planner, and host of the Lean Out Your Business Podcast. She is also the founder and CVO of the Profitable Planner Co and Criscara Jewelry.