In May of 2022, Michelle Glogovac, THE Podcast Matchmaker, and Crista were roommates at a retreat on Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson's private island paradise in the British Virgin Islands, a stunning and unspoiled area of the Caribbean where flamingos and iguanas keep you company while you eat your breakfast.
One week away changed Michelle and Crista and made a lasting impression that they both believe will stay with them forever. In Part 1 of this 2-part series Crista and Michelle shared some key takeaways from their interactions with speakers like Sarah Blondin and Azure Antoinette.
In today’s episode Crista and Michelle are sharing the lasting lessons they learned from Cathy Burke (an executive coach and former CEO of The Hunger Project Australia), Gabby Bernstein (an international speaker and author of Happy Days) and Sir Richard Branson himself, Founder of The Virgin Group and owner of Necker Island.
Listen in to hear about the personal interactions and intimate dinners they had with these incredible people as well as how Crista and Michelle plan on keeping these memories and lessons alive in their day to day lives now that they are back to “real life.”
Show topics include:
- One of the best things about being in a group retreat
- Takeaways from Cathy Burke
- Takeaways from Gabby Bernstein
- The shared experience that helped Michelle connect more with Gabby
- Biggest takeaways from Sir Richard Branson
- The real reason why generating true wealth is important
- The moment that Sir Richard Branson knew he could change the world
- Crista’s most eye-opening experience on the island
- Why you need to make things as simple as possible
- The different types of resources we have available to us
- How Crista and Michelle are integrating the Necker experience into their routines at home
Links from Today’s Episode:
- Want more behind the scenes looks at Michelle and Crista’s experience on Necker Island? You can watch the videos they recorded daily on their trip at richfulfilledlife.com.
- Get more behind the scenes into the daily lives of Michelle and Crista when you follow them on Instagram.
About Michelle Glogovac
Michelle Glogovac is THE Podcast Matchmaker, an award-winning publicist and host of the My Simplified Life podcast. After an 18-year career in corporate aviation, Michelle is changing the world, one voice at a time, by matching her clients with the perfect podcast hosts and teaching them how to share their story, vision, and expertise in impactful and powerful ways. She has helped entrepreneurs, authors, and experts hone their storytelling abilities, grow their businesses, and elevate themselves as thought leaders on over 1,000 podcasts. As a natural relationship maker, Michelle is a sought-after speaker in this niche and has presented to thousands of publicists and groups on how to perfectly pitch a podcast. She has coached 14,000 authors through the process of creating and launching a podcast book tour through the Nonfiction Writers Association. Her own podcast is ranked in the top 2% globally with over 1,000 downloads per month.
by Crista Grasso
Crista Grasso is the go-to strategic planning expert for leading global businesses and online entrepreneurs when they want to scale. Known as the "Business Optimizer", Crista has the ability to quickly cut through noise and focus on optimizing the core things that will make the biggest impact to scale a business simply and sustainably. She specializes in helping businesses gain clarity on the most important things that will drive maximum value for their clients and maximum profits for their business. She is the creator of the Lean Out Method, 90 Day Lean Out Planner, and host of the Lean Out Your Business Podcast. She is also the founder and CVO of the Profitable Planner Co and Criscara Jewelry.