In May of 2022, Michelle Glogovac and Crista Grasso had the experience of a lifetime together when they attended a Leadership Gathering on Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson's private island paradise in the British Virgin Islands, a stunning and unspoiled area of the Caribbean where lemurs and iguanas keep you company while you eat your breakfast overlooking the ocean.
One week away changed Michelle and Crista and made a lasting impression that they both believe will stay with them forever. In Episode 76 of The Lean Out Your Business podcast they are sharing some of the biggest lessons they learned and how they are leveraging this experience to continue to bring more peace and impact to their businesses and their daily lives.
In Part 1 of this 2 Part series Crista and Michelle share some of their favorite moments from their time on Necker Island, why this experience was different than past business retreats they’ve been on and some of their biggest takeaways from speakers like Sarah Blondin, Kim Phuc, and Azure Antoinette.
Tune into Episode 76 of the Lean Out Your Business Podcast
Show topics include:
- The most unexpected part of our Necker Island experiences
- What Crista hopes to bring back with her from Necker Island
- What made this experience so different from other retreats and events
- What Michelle got from Necker Island that she had been missing the most in her life back home
- A new perspective on time constraints
- Incorporating a positive and peaceful start to the day
- Putting healthy boundaries around email
- Why Crista and Michelle love Sara Blondin and her work around meditation
- Pursuing the question “what’s inside of me, that I haven’t allowed to come outside?”
- Introduction to Azure Antoinette, poet, entrepreneur, millennial and arts education advocate
- One of Crista’s favorite memories from Necker Island
- Michelle’s biggest takeaway from her time with Azure
- Believing that you are enough and what you’re doing is enough
- A lesson on extreme forgiveness and bravery from a Vietnam War survivor
- Changes Crista and Michelle are implementing in their businesses and lives
Links from Today’s Episode:
- Want to know how to pitch yourself as a guest on podcasts? Connect with Michelle at themlgcollective.com
- Visit sarahblondin.com for more of the same type of meditation practices Crista and Michelle learned on Necker Island
- Learn more about Azure Antoinette
- Learn more about Kim Phuc
- Learn more about Business Chicks and the Leadership Gathering
About Michelle Glogovac
Michelle Glogovac is THE Podcast Matchmaker, an award-winning publicist and host of the My Simplified Life podcast. After an 18-year career in corporate aviation, Michelle is changing the world, one voice at a time, by matching her clients with the perfect podcast hosts and teaching them how to share their story, vision, and expertise in impactful and powerful ways. She has helped entrepreneurs, authors, and experts hone their storytelling abilities, grow their businesses, and elevate themselves as thought leaders on over 1,000 podcasts. As a natural relationship maker, Michelle is a sought-after speaker in this niche and has presented to thousands of publicists and groups on how to perfectly pitch a podcast. She has coached 14,000 authors through the process of creating and launching a podcast book tour through the Nonfiction Writers Association. Her own podcast is ranked in the top 2% globally with over 1,000 downloads per month.
by Crista Grasso
Crista Grasso is the go-to strategic planning expert for leading global businesses and online entrepreneurs when they want to scale. Known as the "Business Optimizer", Crista has the ability to quickly cut through noise and focus on optimizing the core things that will make the biggest impact to scale a business simply and sustainably. She specializes in helping businesses gain clarity on the most important things that will drive maximum value for their clients and maximum profits for their business. She is the creator of the Lean Out Method, 90 Day Lean Out Planner, and host of the Lean Out Your Business Podcast. She is also the founder and CVO of the Profitable Planner Co and Criscara Jewelry.